Wednesday, January 20, 2016

11 Rules For Engaging Students' Brains

We have been talking a lot about student engagement at Bowman Woods Elementary. One recent staff meeting was dedicated to exploring what that meant, and this Wordle captured all the staff members ideas.

So now, we are left with our building goal of increasing student engagement in our classrooms. How do we start doing that? One way is to keep thinking about it, talking about, learning about it... from each other. I will post things on this blog that I hope will help facilitate that dialogue. Please feel free to leave comments and/or reach out in person to continue these conversations.

For today, I will leave you with this neat little poster, "My 11 Rules for Engaging Students' Brains". It's the kind of thing I would stick in my lesson plan book, to keep these ideas in the forefront of my mind as I created lesson plans. I think it is a nice summary of things already being done in our classrooms or things we can easily implement to increase engagement. It comes from the blog "Light Bulbs and Laughter". The poster is FREE on the gal's Teachers Pay Teachers site! Click HERE to go directly there!

I look forward to exploring these ideas, and others, in more depth with you!
~Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment